11-08-2018, 05:28 PM   #82
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
In my own on-track and daily-driving testing (between the Wagner EVO 2 Comp and ATM) I haven't really seen any practical merit to the, "Bar and plate don't recover as fast as tube and fin." claims. Also, if the bar and plate IC is giving you better temperature performance anyways, why does it matter?

Throttle response and turbo lag will be more noticeable in daily driving than on the track.

I purchased my Wagner EVO 2 Comp from X-PH and it was a quick and easy experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by switlikbob View Post
I'd still like to see come comparison numbers between the Wagner stage 2, VRSF race and Evolution Racewerke intercooler.

I never owned a Wagner product. I bought VRSF charge pipes from Mike, they arrived with chipped crinkle paint and pin holes in the welds. So I returned them and bought ER charge / TIC pipes which were better and nicer in every way, which I am more apt to buy another ER product over VRSF.

The Wagner EVO 1 intercooler looks to be exactly the same as the Active Autowerke intercooler I have installed on my car now. Those are my observations, and I hope none of the vendors here get upset or defensive (cuz I won't reply or involve myself in any forum drama).
Nice

Wagner EVO I performance is the same size and design as the Active but it has a higher fin density

Wagner EVO I competition has the same size as Active but its a tube and fin design.
It weighs almost 40% lighter with better recovery and lower pressure air drop

As i always say, no intercooler is the best. It all depends on what the customer is looking for and their budget

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0