AngryBaby
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryBaby View Post
If it is a metal-sounding rattle coming from the back then it is probably the latch cover(s) on the rear deck. The lid is a thin plastic and I was sure it was a metal sound but, based on forum success stories, stuck a small bit of felt tape on the inside and shoved the lid closed. No more rattle.
When i place my hand on top of the latch cover it stops making the noise so i know for a fact I've already narrowed it down to the passenger side. It only happens during cold starts for me so it's not that bad, but i still want to get rid of it. I've tried putting velcro tape inside in various areas and it doesn't help. It appears that putting weight on it from the outside with my hand is the only thing that stops it. That's why I was specifically asking where inside the latch cover does the tape go. Simply saying that some tape goes on the inside hasn't been helpful. Some pictures would be awesome.
See if this helps. Basically over the outside latch which eliminated the rattling by reducing space in the latch but requires a bit more force to close due to the tighter fit.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2