Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Moura View Post
Exactly! And it is not a >50k car, it is an >80k car over here... Which makes having to pay for it even more cumbersome.
Plus, the fact that we can afford it should not mean we are happy with paying for every sort of "nice to haves".
Haven't done the math but I'm happy to pay for the new options, e.g. wireless charging vs. the older alternative of a charging dock (~$300+) + snap-in adapter (~$150) the latter of which you had to repurchase each time you bought a new phone.

Regarding Apple CarPlay (and Android auto) I'm sure BMW would prefer everyone hated these solutions and instead would adopt their BMW Connected Drive platform, apps and WiFi hotspot. Not sure if BMW Connected Drive is a fail but it sure appears to be one to me. Why b/c try researching if this is a feature you want in your "new" car and how it "really" works and what you get. For example, in one place I had read that you download apps to your car, next section I read that you download an app to your phone and connect to the car. Which is it? Both? Look at the URL this page "appears" to be from 2013!! Really!

This doesn't help! and if you dig deeper it doesn't get any better...

BMW ConnectedDrive – a technology packet full of services and apps that connects you closely to the world around you. It makes tasks easier and quicker to perform, giving you more time for what’s really important: your family, friends and free time. Experience the many facets of BMW ConnectedDrive.

I shouldn't have to buy the car and use it to understand the feature. I should be able make sense of the BMW web site information. Marketing dropped the ball here. If you are a developer, try figuring out who in BMW to call if you want to offer your app on the BMW Connected Drive platform.

But guess what we have it all on our phones, we don't need separate gps, navigation, phone, hotspot, rear entertainment, camera, iPaq (PIM), etc. Nor do I want to manage my car separately just like I hated managing my phone, iPaq and Garmin.

That said they still have to pay the engineers to develop the integration and feed their families. I don't work for free and certainly do not expect them to. So for me $300 is a bargain, especially since I was bracing for the cost to be more around $500.
Appreciate 0