03-14-2015, 11:49 PM   #92
Spook410
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Infiniti EX35

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1981 View Post
<snip>
Sad to say as much as I want the GT350, I can still get an F80 M3 cheaper with Euro delivery. The Ford stealerships are super ridiculous with markups on cars like this. And they 99% of the time wont give us A-plan which is our employee discount because they just think the cars will roll off lots. This is why I am Eagerly anticipating the M2, and if that does not appeal on to the smurf blue M3 ED <snip>
Ahh.. the A plan. A million years ago when there was a Ford Aerospace I had to deal with that. Good luck with the dealers.

Still, you get to the root of the issue. With some patience, a BMW M2 may be a reasonable cost/performance choice with ED. Maybe $50K? That and maybe a less expensive Euro will hang in there for awhile longer to make for a fun trip. The GT350 on the other hand will likely sour after a dealer visit puts the famously ethical Ford Motor in sharp contrast with a justifiably hated dealership system. That leaves the Focus RS. It may be available in enough numbers and will be confusing enough to the dealer Bubba's that the buying experience won't be so bad. If it hits $40K, then it's back to BMW. However, if it's cheap, and fast, and fun, and has as good an interior as a Golf R, then things get interesting.
Appreciate 0