View Single Post
      01-23-2020, 12:14 AM   #82
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
This whole Noelle saga is so bizarre to me. I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I find it hard to believe that not one single person, out of the allegedly hundreds of tuned cars (between bmw platforms), that anyone was able to produce a Dyno sheet, drag slip, or anything other than anecdotal evidence.

On top of that, the people that come out of the woodworks to defend Noelle definitely isn't helping. Call me a skeptic, but while I don't think the tune is necessarily snake oil, I'm not convinced this is any better than other tunes already available on the market.
You have too many assholes who are arrogant and think they know what they are doing... I remember the F8X went through some nightmares with tunes when one or two tuning companies thought it would be smart to flash the regular f8x's with GTS coding... Shit did not go well, can't imagine why when the engines operate differently... For starters, GTS had sprayers for the water injection system... Cars were running funky, for obvious reasons, and they had to tweak the tunes to make it smooth... Yes yes the GTS coding for the dct worked fine but I was talking more so about the performance...

I remember another time a reputable company sent the wrong tune for my car... They specifically asked what state, the shop I used was a certified reseller and they knew what shop that state was in but yet not once but TWICE, I got maps for 93 octane and not 91... It was a shit show as well...
Appreciate 0