Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpc2u View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpc2u View Post
I can't tell you how many times I have seen this while traveling overseas. I try to go during off season for this exact reason and so that I don't get lumped into the "obnoxious American" stereotype. LOL.... sad but so true.
Whether you want to get "lumped in" or not, us Europeans can spot an American from a mile away.

What we as Europeans can see right through, is the American trying hard to non-Americanize him/herself for a trip abroad. And why would you? Just be your American self, and enjoy the locals. You'll end up having much more fun.

I'm married to a Texan, and when she comes home to Europe with me, she'll be extra Texas. I absolutely love it.
I don't hide the fact that I am from the U.S. at all, but prefer to not be in the middle of a pack of American tourists. My wife and I love to travel off the beaten path so we can mingle and socialize with the locals. We almost always rent a car and drive so we can experience the country for what it truly has to offer. We very recently spent 2 weeks driving the Carpathian mountains in Romania, an awesome experience.
Player 2 in my travels is valuable, my Gypsy wife speaks 5 languages, fluent in Italian, Spanish and French

our good public school system in Massachusetts teaches kids not Spanish not French but (mandarin) in 20 years the world is going to feel smaller, math and good communication skills with some engineering mixed in will be so valuable in the 2030's (guys it's right around the corner)

Back to the subject: my wife catches locals talk about us all the time, most are pricks in and around Paris, Rome and Barcelona
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Dpc2u11503.00
Tommy-G4467.00