View Single Post
      02-20-2017, 07:31 AM   #64
DivideBYZero
Never underestimate the Home-Bowl
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F87 M2<E92 M3<E46 M3

Garage List
After owning an e92 with DCT for 6 years, there are some clear differences in the application used in the M2.

Firstly, in comfort mode it's shift points are comically early in Drive. Turning out of the end of my street has the trans shifting to 2nd at around 10mph and it doesn't get any better. Manual shifts are smooth, but dulled and sometimes late, especially on the down shift, meaning I have grabbed 1st when I wanted 2nd a couple of times, because I'm an impatient sod.

However, in Sport or above, the shifts are much quicker and bang in harder and at my command. No waits or double cog drops due to me calling for the gear again.

This has meant that I exclusively use the manual actuation, rather than using D, which I would use occasionally in the e92, if I were just pottering around town.

Does this mean I would have preferred to have the manual now? Not a chance. A flat out Sunday morning blast confirms that the constant wall or torque and timely, perfect shifts, are sublime when "making progress" down a great B road.

It is different to the E92, and this is primarily because you cannot change the DCT ferocity without changing the driving mode. That's about the only thing I miss.
Appreciate 0