No_curebimmer
~Spyder
Sweden
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C Hockenheim 6sp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
Which QuickJacks are those? I'm debating between the 5000TL and the 5000TLX. I'd like to know if the TLX fits the M2C as it would be useful on my Element and RDX (and would probably work sideways on my wife's Miata).

R.
So I have the QuickJack 5000SLX model, which if I’m not mistaken, has been discontinued?. As is, it is perfect for the M2C!

However, it’s too short for my Camry and Lexus ES, so had to purchase extension frames which are placed on top of SLX, thus extending the lift points for cars of longer wheelbase.

Now, re: your Q…

Straight up facts. The 5000TL has a shorter frame and lift spread by 6” (that’s what she said ) vs the 5000TLX. Both seem capable of lifting same weight (5k lbs) and at the same height (24”)

Specifically,

5000TL - frame length 70”, lift points spread 60” (max) and min 37”.

5000TLX - frame length 76”, lift points are max 66” apart and min 43”

Source:
https://www.quickjack.com/compare/

Gibberish info:
Seems the TLX is better suited for the ‘other cars’, and that should work w/o need for extension frames but don’t know if it’s too long for the M2C’s wheelbase (can’t recall M2C lift points spread) or even the Miata (does Miata use pinch welds as lift points like most Japanese cars?)

As you know, the crazy thing about lifting BMWs is that the lift points are preset/immobile vs most other ‘regular’ autos and that is your limiting factor in deciding which QJ to purchase (those pesky and fixed rectangular jackpads eh?). With my Camry/Lexus, I have a longer lifting area (pinch welds are much longer than the BMW jackpads so I can place the lift blocs pretty much anywhere in the designated lift area).

Unsolicited advice: measure the lift points spread across all of your vehicles and identify the shortest and longest one and compare with the length data posted above.

Alternatively, reach out to QJ - they have awesome CS service…