01-22-2021, 06:02 PM   #13
ming_lau
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
The M2/3/4 use stiffer engine, transmission, and differential mounts. The rear subframe also uses solid mounts vs the fluid-filled ones in other BMWs. The M2/3/4 suspension components also have stiffer bushings and in some cases, solid spherical bearings. Lastly, the suspension on the M2 is much stiffer and more damped than a 435 plus it runs 19" wheels with short sidewall tires. All of this will transmit more vibration at idle and at speed.

The M2 is certainly more raw than a 435, even the most sporty 435 variants.

Shaking of the shifter at idle is normal as the shifter in the M2 is directly connected to the transmission via rods and not a cable like many other makes.
I just when through realOEM and checked the parts number for engine mounts between F30/F32 and the F87. It seems that the 3 series and the 4 series share the same parts numbers for both engine mounts and brackets. M2's parts numbers are different but are shared with the F82 M4.When I test drove my friends LCI M4, the vibrations at traffic lights felt a lot muted. It is very noticeable in my M2 when I have the AC on. It becomes less pronounced when I have AC off.
Appreciate 0