02-16-2019, 10:14 PM   #18
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 Jeep Wrangler, 18 M2 LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_m2 View Post
Ayye someone actually tried it. I found out the hard way when I didn't screw down my passengers side mirror completely.
Yeah, I tried it. I tried it because initially before I had known how do do it, I thought removing the speaker assemble would be the easiest way. When I tugged on the speaker assembly and noticed how easily it came free, I knew it could be done. I was aided by the fact that I had past experience of tearing apart my cars, and specially my E36 M3. I'm also a Aircraft mechanic by trade, so I'm familiar with taking things apart & assembling them back together.

This is not for everyone, and removing the whole door panel isn't a bad idea, if you have the time and patience to do it.

The member hssr also helped when he mentioned the fact that the screws holding the mirror assembly are self-tapping. I had forgotten this fact until I attempted to install the new mirrors. Once I realized this, I was able to install the mirrors with my cordless impact, being careful to make sure they were aligned correctly.
Appreciate 0