View Single Post
      09-22-2021, 11:23 AM   #6
wjones14
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM View Post
Wondering if anyone has used this. https://www.amazon.com/MEGUIARS-G200...s%2C216&sr=8-6

Seems like a good idea in order to top off your base protective coating on a regular basis. I use a quick detailer on my cars almost every week, so I decided to give it a try. It is certainly as easy to apply as a regular detail spray.

We'll see about durability. But since I generally apply a base coat every 3-4 months and I live in a dry climate, I may not notice a difference.
I have been using Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Meguiar-s...-Wax/136531484

For years I was old school and did weekly 2-bucket washes and did a hand wax every month or two. Maybe clay bar once a year or so followed by a hand wax.

At this point in life, I'm looking to work smarter, not harder, and things like the new SiO2 products are really making life easier.

I love the Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax as a cheap and easy solution. I started using it on my Camaro a couple years ago and it was a revelation. I used Meguiar's Polymer Tech Wax and then applied the Hybrid Ceramic Wax over that. I waxed the Camaro once a year or so, and applied the Hybrid Ceramic at almost every wash.

I've had the M2C since June and have not yet waxed it. I may wax the car before winter since this is a year-round car for me, and I'll take all the protection I can get. I applied the hybrid Ceramic wax on the first wash, spreading it with a microfiber cloth per the instructions. Now it's just the follow-up light spray and final rinse at the end of each wash.

I use an EGO cordless leaf blower after the rinse. There is so much beading that the blower takes care of almost all the water. One medium size waffle type microfiber drying cloth will completely dry the car. The towel is actually almost dry after wiping the exterior. The door jambs, and under the trunk lid and hood have most of the water, but one towel takes care of it all.

A little goes a long way with this spray. I found that out the very first time I used it on the Camaro. I used too much and there was streaking after the rinse. But no biggie, and it just took some extra rinsing to get rid of the excess.

Sometimes you may want to do a touch-up on a small area between washes. Or apply the product to areas like the door jambs or underneath the trunk or hood. I have a separate spray bottle with the product diluted 8:1 for simple spray on and wipe off application. It works exactly like a detail mist. In fact, this is likely the same as the Hybrid Ceramic Detailer in the OP's link.

Besides the water beading like crazy, I'm very pleased with the Hybrid Ceramic shine. It seems to be as deep as a fresh wax job. Meguiar's claims the protection and durability are superior to conventional wax. The biggest reward, however, is the ease of application. It's literally spray on and rinse off at the end of a normal wash. There's still a place for hand waxing, but this is the new way for me.
KevinM2935.50