View Single Post
      09-23-2019, 02:28 PM   #37
Benzima
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobert View Post
I agree the 911 T seems like a great choice - was very excited to get the details on the new GT4 (and thrilled to see it can be had in dark blue, unlike the current GT3 or 911 T) but, aside from needing a Touring pkg so I could lose that giant wing, I found myself daydreaming about the 992 instead. I think it's those rear fenders . Also, while I enjoy winding up a naturally aspirated engine (as I'm more about fun and driving pleasure than lap times or drag races), I agree with what others said about the turbo engine's low-end torque being pretty useful - and fun - around town, and the 992 engine redline is only 500 rpm lower than the GT4's so it really does seem like the sweet spot. In a perfect world, I'd be able to swing a 911 GT3 Touring [in dark blue!], but since that's a stretch too far, I'm with you on likely targeting a 992 T manual. Just hope they're not stingy with the color palette like the 991 T.

If I didn't already have an M2, it'd be a tough call on the extra power and extra special touches of the M2 CS vs the precision and sounds of the GT4. Couple downsides to each for me - high weight and low rpm sound of the M2 CS vs the unsightly bat-wing (don't care that it's functional) and lack of low rpm torque of the GT4. Therefore... a third option... 992 T.
Same here: the 992 Carrera T should be amazing. I was too late for the 991 Carrera T.