View Single Post
      06-03-2019, 04:00 AM   #298
Megator
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttleblip View Post
M3 CS owners - first impressions? https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1577136

Read this thread
So ppl who spent cash on a new car like it and that proves??? Sure its "better" but it seems the market says it’s not worth the premium over the standard M3/4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
And how many non-CS M4 are for sale?

According to advertised production volumes, 20~25% of all M4 coupe production are CS...

I don't see how the number of unsold M4s is relevant. The M4 is not an out of production limited edition model which is meant to be so desirable and special that it is worth a hefty price premium.

Just for you I checked and there are about 50 M4 coupes for sale. I would check which are left over 2017s or placeholders for orders but that is hard to do quickly.

Not sure how you get to 20/25% of coupes being CSs, that would mean BMW only produced a max of 12K units of the "normal" coupe which seems terribly low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
How many m4cs cars did they make?

I feel like the m2cs might be more popular, but as the G series m3 gets closer people might not want to spend on an F series car.

This will depend almost entirely on pricing; this is not going to be an E46 M3 CSL successor. Price it right 10k higher than a full option M2C and it will sell out. Price it into used 911, Cayman GT4, 718 GTS, F-type V8 territory and it likely won’t.

I think the CS is perfect for people who don’t want to mod their M2 and want a more hard core car. If you plan to mod or think it’s an investment then I don’t think this is the car for you. The manual option is interesting and I think manual CS will hold their value well but wont turn a profit till 15-20 years time.
Appreciate 0