05-30-2019, 10:52 AM   #289
Io
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 LCI DCT LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav3 View Post
1. I've seen a lot of big numbers on FBO OG M2's yet have never seen proper v-box/gps tracking to showcase the actual improvements in real life scenarios. If you can prove me wrong with proper footage I'll rest my case but the lack of proper evidence makes me believe those gains don't really convert to much. This said, power delivery and overall drivability of the car with FBO and a non-BMW tune isn't that great or reliable. This argument vs M2CS official map on M2C is bit of a apples and oranges argument.
There are plenty of members of this forum that seem to be very happy with the performances of their tuned OG and LCI, and not much seem to have reliability problem. Now, I get your point: I would surely trust more the reliability of a S55 de-detuned back from 410hp to 450hp with a copy of a BMW map than the one of a N55 heavily modified to reach the same power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav3 View Post
3. My argument is not much about the cost of upgradability but rather the ease of upgradability. BMW should have made custom designed parts, not fish inside the regular M2C catalog. How can you consider the M2CS special if any M2C can easily aspire to become one. Even the extra stuff like the Adaptive Suspensions and Seats are pretty much recycled stuff from the M4. Come to think of it, even the tune as a baseline is probably recycled from the M4CS. It's not too unrealistic to actually interpret the continuous testing done as them struggling making it work without it becoming a future liability. Zero innovation and lazy approach.
You"re hard with BMW. Developing a brand new engine, or suspension, or interior for a very-limited-volume version of the 2 series, which is now very close to the end of its lifecycle, would make no financial nor commercial sense at all. That's already an amazing news that they develop further the M2 concept with this CS version, IMO.
Appreciate 0