MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
I think were missing the point with this leak... to me at least it's pretty clear it wasn't actually made by anyone official in BMW. I believe this was thrown together by someone who knows like ynguldyn to stave off our appetites as nothing new has come out recently. The people that actually know can't post photos they take or don't have the opportunity to take photos. The whole I got this from someone in my dealership, it was shown to them is just a thin cover story IMO. In the slim chance that dealers were already being told details about this car it would be in a presentation and this would be a photo of a slide not an actual photo file, zero chance a dealer employee would get an actual copy of a file like this that's pretty much guaranteeing a leak.

Also I'll take this chance to fan the fire a little bit. People keep talking about how the G80 M3 is going to be so much lighter than the F80... But I don't understand why. The 2018 330i xDrive and the 2019 330i xDrive have basically the same US curb weight. Car and driver weighed the 2019 at 3700 pounds and the 2018 is listed at 3700 lb as well, I'm sure the 2019 press car was loaded up with options but regardless it's not the huge weight savings that everyone was talking about. This happens every generation and usually turns out to be insignificant or sometimes heavier.
We have a bunch of confirmations now left and right, and if you look at the spied test car you see the same, but yeah maybe one or two things will change. All in all, the document looks like an internal BMW document, and it could well be a really early one.

Secondly, the G80 M3 won't be lighter, it will be heavier.

MR
Appreciate 2
Poochie9104.50