View Single Post
      02-04-2015, 08:34 AM   #13
300hp
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: X5 & 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopal
These numbers are not great, relative to the competition. Mercedes sold over 3600 more cars than BMW in January, and they are up 9%. Even Lexus blew away BMW in January, beating them by more than 4000 units sold. With the percentage increase in the luxury sector, this is a terrible month for BMW
Helps to look at the detail too. On a product by product basis BMW and Merc are close enough. Where BMW gets slaughtered is the lack of a GL competitor (2,000 units), the S Class (another 1,000 units over the 7er) and the A class (around 2,000 units over the 2er)

I honestly don't believe that BMW can do anything about the GL, even if the X7 comes along. That race will just end the same way as the 7er vs S class. The GL is just a great product for its target audience. Mercedes sold as many GLs as Audi sold A4s in Jan, that's pretty good if you ask me.

Merc and BMW will keep this dance going for the rest of the year but let's not get excited until the final results are tallied as the race will be close.

Deep Sea Blue Metallic 2013 X5 35d Sport
Prem, Convenience, Cold and Premium Sound packages
Appreciate 0