norMcal
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Porsche GT4 & 2013 VW GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfscoll View Post
Right!

I'm no track guy, but I gotta believe no one except maybe Sebastian Vettel would ever notice the M2C's slight weight gain.

As much as I'd love to pooh-pooh the M2C an OG M2 owner, i just think the weight gain is no biggie for 99.9% of people.
FWIW, I am a weight reduction freak, and you are right, many times it isn't so noticeable, but 150 lbs you can feel. Just add a passenger and even novice driver can tell the difference in accelerator alone.
I'm no Sebastian Vettel, but I definitely noticed when I removed the sunroof on my track car. Granted the weight is in an unfavorable location, but it is also only 40 lbs, and was noticeable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono2112 View Post
If you really want to go faster, your best mod is to change the driver! That could easily make up 100lbs.
Of course I don't mean give your new M2C to someone else, but take more driver training. Change your driving. Ever heard of the Bonderant school? Or practice in carts more.
Definitely don't take the safety equipment out of a car you still drive on the street. What kind of ass would you feel like if you were unlucky enough to have your neighbor's kid step out in front of you and become a hood ornament on your track weapon? You'd be left wondering for the rest of your miserable life if the auto braking might have saved that kid?
True, driver will make bigger difference than 100 lbs, but keep in mind, more weight and your consumables go up, fuel, tires, brakes. It all adds up and is all negative. Most of us are just ranting, and 100 lbs isn't the end of it all, but it is disappointing, because the M2 was already not so light to begin with. Or I should say, I was already disappointed with the weight when it first came out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raysspl View Post
The weight is shameful, no matter how you cut & slice it. Prob will be on the camp looking at pre-owned Porsches
It's looking more and more like that for me as well.
Appreciate 2
M-Pilot4861.50