View Single Post
      04-28-2020, 09:46 PM   #3
Blue2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD9 View Post
I say do it, but don't invest too much money into it. Start with Etsy and go from there. I tried something similar where I wanted to sell automotive photography framed and ready to hang up. I printed the stuff on Hahnemule paper and tried to sell them in a 20"x24" format for $200 shipped. Let's just say after building a website on Squarespace and spending 6 months on trying to recruit car photographers, I made no sales and spent $7k on supplies and equipment.

The lesson I took from it was take it easy, have a third party print and ship, and start with an easy setup like Etsy to sell. If it picks up, build a website, and slowly transition to your e-commerce platform.

Your sketches are cool, and I'm sure there is an audience for it, so just give it a test run. Just an FYI, make sure to note that BMW and other brand name stuff is owned by the brand and not you so you are not slammed with copyright or other letters.

Attaching one of my images. Best of luck and stay sane during the quarantine!
Thanks for the feedback! Love the photo. I hope you've had some success with it.
Appreciate 1