Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '17 Alpine White M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Debt View Post
Would you link the other thread please.

Is the valve tick fixed under warranty? Occasionally getting it myself, fairly light.

Add the Valvetronic actuator and shaft issue- 3 including myself in this thread.
Has anyone gotten this repaired under warranty if the dealer couldn't reproduce. Ive only seen it once or twice in a year of ownership.
Valve tick is the valvetronic tick, atleast it is in the context of this thread. I suffered it as well during the first day of ownership, and a couple times after that. But it has since disappeared completely. So hopefully it stays that way since my warranty is done this year, and it is a huge PITA to do this job.

Since you identified valve tick and valvetronic issues, i'm thinking the noise you're hearing for valve tick is actually the direct injectors which do make alot of noise (totally normal) or the hpfp.

It has to be reproducible or you have to have video evidence. BMW is making it really hard for people to get major warranty work these days, with dealers having to submit PUMAs and supply alot of diagnostics and proof. It took my dealer a day or two to get into contact with bmw in germany before they could replace my key.
Luckily I thought to record it. Warranty ends very soon, let the battle begin.

Appreciate 0