Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTWO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020m2c View Post
Unfortunately the Boodmod site is very coy about this and doesn't disclose the newer M2C encryption issues. Repeatedly touting the "no need to bench flash" which is patently untrue for the newer models. As much as I want their tune the lack of clarity / disclosure is unsettling. And yes I've made them aware of this more than once and it is just ignored.
You're taking that far LMFAO They mentioned this here so many times and everywhere else like the facebook group. Its like a world wide known fact these days pretty much but whatever floats your boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTWO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020m2c View Post
Unfortunately the Boodmod site is very coy about this and doesn't disclose the newer M2C encryption issues. Repeatedly touting the "no need to bench flash" which is patently untrue for the newer models. As much as I want their tune the lack of clarity / disclosure is unsettling. And yes I've made them aware of this more than once and it is just ignored.
You're taking that far LMFAO They mentioned this here so many times and everywhere else like the facebook group. Its like a world wide known fact these days pretty much but whatever floats your boat
See the screenshots attached. The first is on their site under FAQ. The second one is from the M2C-specific info on their site. I'm not against them, but just imagine if I was a customer that had laid down the money to purchase this on the basis of what they advertise? I'd be kind of pissed off after paying for the OBD link cord and software only to find out I had to yank my ECU and send it out.

I'm not really sure why you think it's justifiable for a company to hide behind "everybody knows of this issue"? It's sloppy at best, or deceptive at worst. You can be a fanboy if that floats your boat, but honestly it makes me question the integrity of their business practice. I get that this may be an innocent mistake on their part, but I pointed this out many months ago and although they've updated the above attached website several times recently they haven't bothered to correct the blatantly the wrong information.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
hAxel91.00
msdss497.50
Poochie9103.00