tetsuo111
Save the Manuals!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 RWD 6MT, X3, Ducati S4R

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
Lap times should be taken with a huge grain of salt. I have a buddy with an identical M2 as I have, he is very experienced, great driver. He runs 4-5 seconds faster than I do and I am faster than most. I have seen guys in slow cars drive incredible lap times and I have seen guys in very capable cars turn in very slow lap times. That is not to even get in the discussion of weather, track condition or tire condition/type. Point is the only lap time that is really relevant is the lap time you can turn in your car.
This is the inconvenient, 800lb gorilla in the room that most won't acknowledge.

IME, track times are influenced far more by drivers than hardware. In other words, smart money goes to the proficient driver in the slower car, rather than the less experienced driver in a faster car.

Also IME, debating track times is argued most energetically by those who spend little time at the track.
Outside: BMW M-Aero, Euro region lighting, Seibon | Inside: M3 cockpit, Recaro SPG, Prototipo, AutoSolutions SSK, UCP | Stop: M3 ST-40R, PFC | Grip: Solid-mounted subframes, rear coilover conversion, M3 Nitron R3, Hyperco, SPL, AKG, ARC8 | Go: StageFP, CF snorkel, 3IM, MILVs, SuperSprint headers, Dundon Motorsports Inconel exhaust, VoltPhreaks | Cool: CSF | PCA #2018100384 | BMW CCA #505794

Last edited by tetsuo111; 01-11-2019 at 09:39 PM..
Appreciate 1
Powerslide1095.00