09-29-2018, 12:29 AM   #58
Saanen
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 BSM 6SPD, VW e Golf (DD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Dinan intercooler is a very good choice for upgraded turbo ... It is one of the larger intercooler
I am installing the Dinan Intercooler next week prior to a day at Thunderhill (eventually I will add the big turbo, probably in a year or so); currently I am running the Stage 1 Dinantronics and a Fabspeed Sport Cat 200 cell. Anyhow, my question is about charge pipes. It sounds like it would be smart to also install an aluminum charge pipe with the intercooler. Can you advise on the differences, I noticed a range of prices. I am thinking a black one would be preferred as I am hoping to minimize the attention I get from the BMW service guys. Along those lines does a charge add to the risk that the service team will flag my car?...and are there any specific warranty issues to think about when changing to an aftermarket charge pipe?

note: one of the reasons I went the Dinan route is the hope it will not void my warranty.
Appreciate 0