05-31-2018, 03:05 PM   #16
neohh
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2bean View Post
Thanks for your thoughts, guys.

I'm pretty sure that the dealer is just making something up to cover the fact that they failed to make sure the car was moving. It does seem that we have a very LAX CA. I just can't wrap my head around the fact that locking the keys in the car at the port is something that can happen, or something that would cause such a lengthy delay. BMW can open the car doors remotely if needed.

With that said, I really, REALLY don't appreciate being lied to. It's not okay. We received a response on May 10 that he "assumed it has been on the water several days by now." Well, we all know what ASSUMING does. And it's also not knowing. And that was the last time we received any kind of response. I find that completely unacceptable, because here we are a full THREE WEEKS after that date, and how many ships have come and gone and it's managed to miss every single one of them.

I don't really know what to do at this point. I have been waiting since December for this car. And there's a new version coming out later this year, making this whole experience more disappointing. I can't say I want the competition over this version, but regardless I do like having the latest and greatest. The amount of time I have this car to drive around before the new ones hit the States is dwindling.

Someone is going to have to do something. The CA actually said yesterday, "if we don't see movement by tomorrow we will contact him" [their port contact, whom I am not even sure is even in Germany or in the states]. And I'm all about NOT doing any waiting or sitting anymore, and someone actually DO SOMETHING rather than letting more weeks go by?!

My husband makes me laugh in that he's wanting the performance exhaust package for his car over this. I'm like haha, oh no honey - it's me and MY CAR that wants some sort of incentive. How about some carbon accessories, for starters.
Have you try to contact BMW NA directly? Send them your VIN and situation and see what they can do.
Appreciate 0