07-26-2018, 12:21 PM   #109
Roonan
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by *mt* View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roonan View Post
Thank you so much for the amazing pictures. It's such a good looking car and to me perhaps the best looking M2 on photo's. I do have some questions, could you be so kind to answer them?

- how is the ride compared to stock. Is it a lot firmer due to the wheel size?
- how much did you lower the car? Is it more than 20mm?
- did you use spacers?
- do you have any rubbing of tires or other problems with the lower ride?
- did you change the camber?

Thanks in advance. I'm considering the same setup.

Ronald NL

thanks for your feedback. I'm happy to read this.

regarding to your questions:
- after 2 days I had the wheels and the coil-over suspension (KW V3) installed. so I didn't really have much time for a good comparison.
i think it's a little bit firmer, but for me its fully tolerable
- it is more than 20mm. thats the reason why i bought the KW V3 and not the BMW Performance coil-over suspension
- no spacers.
- the front lip of PERL occasionally sets to
when I drive really fast over a long bump, I have a slight sanding in the front fenders.
There is a place where the front and the fender are fixed together. This part sticks out a little into the fender.
the problem can be avoided by using a coil-over suspension which allows the camber to be adjusted or you don't adjust the coil-over suspension as low as I did.
in
as it is minimal and very rare, it doesn't bother me very much
- if I had a chassis where I could change the camber, I would do it. but it doesn't work with the KW V3
Thanks for the quick reply! One last question: do you know how low your car is now? I want to have an idea how much of a difference I would get with the same wheels. My setup is a bit lower than -20mm. It should be around -23mm said the technician.
Appreciate 0