View Single Post
      06-26-2020, 09:54 AM   #50
///Monika
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 X3 M40i & '18 M2

Your car looks absolutely beautiful ..

As with most aftermarket body panels, our expectation wasn't that this was going to be a plug-n-play. Other cars we've owned it was (bonus), this one not so much. We knew we were either going to love it (even if it wasn't 100%) or reject it. After adjusting for an hour or two, it looks really good and I imagine with paint it'll be 99%. So off to paint it'll go but it's a no go on blending. As Got_F1? mentioned, we'll apply the cost of blending the adjacent panels to accomplishing a proper tint.

We really hope that this body shop takes the care yours did as we need someone we can trust in the future. Our BMW experience was pretty bad even though they tried to make it right, it just didn't look good and my husband spent a couple of hours claying off the over spray (everywhere) and 3-stage polishing the car. In the end he found areas where the solvent popped. So fingers crossed ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutankhamon View Post
From what my bodyshop explained to me (and I trust them as I've been doing business with them for a very long time), depending on the panel and the colour to be painted, a lot of times a blend with adjacent panels is necessary to guarantee a perfect match. In my case, with LBB it was a requirement.

Also for those thinking of purchasing this hood, do remember that this is an aftermarket part. It will NOT be perfect. Find a reputable bodyshop to do the work and that is incredibly OCD. The hood I received appeared fine to me, however my bodyshop was completely unsatisfied with it and found there to be a number of imperfections which they evened out down to the metal.

It will also take quite a bit of adjacent panel adjustment to get it to fit perfectly. Again this all really depends on how OCD you (or your bodyshop) is.

My final outcome I am quite happy with but I would not have trusted this with just anyone.
Appreciate 0