View Single Post
      12-10-2022, 08:44 AM   #108
captain slowly
I like turtles!
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Your opinion means nothing if you've never owned both. You also have no definitive data to make that statement an absolute. I agree the 2008-2014 sti's had nothing on the evo x, before 2008 it was close but that 08-14 GR chassis was not really good at all. But after 2015 it was game over for the evo, both because it was discontinued and because subaru stepped up their game immensely.

Now onto the data:

1) autoblog's testing numbers (on the pre 2015 sti) proves you completely wrong: https://www.autoblog.com/2007/12/05/...uba-lap-times/

2) The type RA, and s207 sti's that came out later on improved on the sti so much that the evo x and all of its predecessors could never keep up. These stis had reinforced engines, actual downforce producing aero, 6 pot brakes, intercooler water sprayers, carbon roofs and hoods, and majorly stiffened chassis's (Even over the stock 2015+ cars which were already stiffened).

This all combined to advance the sti so far beyond the evo, that your argument is moot. This is also proven by the track data as well.

So if you think an evo from any prior generation can beat an sti that has 1 extra generation of development on top of it, then that just shows your mentality and your inability to accept the truth in the face of actual data. It shows you are only here to stir the pot, and have no intent of adding any meaning to the thread.
Now who's magazine racing? Go on, keep jumping to conclusions about why I'm here and what I have to add to this thread and community. It's going really well for you so far
Appreciate 0