View Single Post
      07-02-2017, 09:42 PM   #14
Ian ///M
Captain
Rep
Drives: '17 AW M2 (DCT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostm3 View Post
Thats kind of a kick in the nuts though, isnt it, when your expensive Xpel or whatever film gets pierced?... That must have been some sharp large projectile which hit.

Kind of begs the question, how much paint protection is your paint protection film supposed to get you?!
it was the stock PPF on the side, but yes i was enamored that something broke the skin slightly. I never fixed the mark, but it is barely visible even when clean. and wax fills the rest. I have 2 1 cm gashes on the right side above the PPF (about 1 o clock) also from a rock being thrown back that just missed the film by about 2 inches . These cars def will have some "usage" scars in the future but i love natural scars that come from driving/having fun!

edit- i never notice much on xpel! they self heal so if u catch a bad one it can go from unsightly to barely noticeable in about a day or so . I also notice that the stock PPF really does catch alot of bad hits, i always get out of my AW and see dirt impact marks that i wipe off with my thumb from rocks being thrown back
Appreciate 0