F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by philth View Post
Awesome info as per usual F87source!
Just have to get myself a cheapo android device.
I recommend the galaxy tab A7 lite, it's super cheap and works fine. It's a tad bit slow, but if you disable or reduce animations and delete all the bloat ware it performs pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeStripes View Post
That’s great info as always, but if you don’t have an android device and don’t want to spend BM3 adapter money the Veapeak BLE+ is cheap and works great with BimmerCode and OnTrack OBD.

Faster transfer rates sound great on paper but it’s not like the Veapeak is slow enough to even think about. With DaaP and Bimmer-Remote available I’m happy to leave ProTools alone and let them handle it what I would use ProTools for.

I’m normally team overkill but this is one of those things where it doesn’t make a meaningful difference to me. Glad to have it as an option I guess.
Yeah I understand the android only issue, but imo don't waste your money on a cheap adapter. Because if you ever want to tune your car you'll waste money buying a second adapter.

In terms of speed you absolutely notice it when loading really large modules, with a cheap obd2 adapter I used to wait upwards of 10-15 seconds, with the bm3 adapter it's essentially instant. Every bit matters when you're on battery power, as you don't want the car to drop low enough in voltage to make the coding process fail - which can brick things.
philth226.50