07-19-2018, 11:03 PM   #217
SickFinga
Captain
Rep
Drives: *

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
they're not discounted. they're destroyed

nobody sells pre-production, test cars, or media cars to the public...they don't go into circulation or ownership.

EDIT: just reading the link you provided. how do you have proof that one of the press cars was sold to the public? how did that owners know it was a press car? In general these cars are not sold. IF they were, i would imagine a BMW exec got one somehow and then sold it later on...
Run the VIN, it says it's a press car. You are highly mistaken. Pre-production, press, exhibit cars constantly end up in public hands. In some cases even test mules and prototypes end up in public hands.

BMW M6 test mule built on top of a 635CSi

Another test mule. 850CSi built on top of an 850i.

When you get a pre-production car, you sometimes end up with some rare options, like this E39 M5

Pre-production E46 M3

Pre-production E36 M3 Sedan. This is the only E36 M3 Sedan built for the Canadian market with an automatic transmission. Automatic transmission was never available on the E36 outside US.

This is straight up a concept car. It's a 325i Convertible with all-wheel drive(never available on the convertibles) and E30 M3 body.

Last edited by SickFinga; 07-19-2018 at 11:17 PM..
Appreciate 3