View Single Post
      02-28-2016, 09:28 AM   #52
saleen556
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
Reality check: Most of our BMWs are not really that special. Unless it true M or the model number starts with a 6 or above, our cars are really mid-pack in terms of price. There are many, many cars on the road that cost as much to drive. So this idea that BMW are something special and rare is simply not true for 90+ percent of the BMWs sold.

Its my experience that how others treat you on the road is more a function of how you are driving your car rather than what car you are driving. Sure, there are some that want to piss you off because you are driving a car they perceive to be special, fancy, expensive, whatever. But I'd bet that just as many or more unpleasant moments on the road have more to do with how you drive your car.

Honestly ask yourself how you feel when another car around you is driving like he/she owns the road (tailgating/flashing lights/no blinkers/weaving in and out of traffic/honking/........) Does that driver's conduct upset you? In that situation, do you think about doing something with your car that makes them unhappy just because you can, or do you pull over and let them pass? Does the brand of car they are driving really enter into your thinking at that moment?

I completely agree. I always laugh when people make comments about my 328 and how expensive it must be. No one even blinks about my F350 in the driveway as you see one everywhere. The best part of owning my BMW has been the service from my dealership. It's been top notch.
Appreciate 0