11-21-2019, 10:48 AM   #4
BJM2018
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Monika View Post
My suggestion would be a Fabspeed catted down pipe. Direct message Mike (vendor on this site) at x-ph.com for a great price and availability. Since you're concerned with retaining your factory warranty, you may want to consider the time necessary to swap back to the stock catalytic converter for any service you have done to your vehicle. That of course depends on your dealership/SA and tech. They may not even notice it's installed unless you have an issue with the vehicle and they look closer.

Are you sure it's quieter or have you just acclimated to the overall sound over time ? The sound is pretty subdued even with the valves open which is why we opted for the Fabspeed.

--Monika

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJM2018 View Post
I have a 18 M2 with DCT and the optional M performance exhaust. It works fine, flaps open and stay open, however it is quieter now after a year, and I expected the opposite it would get louder over time. Any suggestions to make it louder without a decat or voiding the warranty? Thanks
Thanks. But my dealer is ridiculous about aftermarket stuff. I added a cold air intake and after last service, the rep talked to me about and how it was bad for the car as not a factory part etc. even added it to the paperwork... Would love to get a downpipe even catted but I am sure my dealer would lose there mind...
Appreciate 0