03-03-2015, 12:21 AM   #255
Anderw
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubsterino
loving my 228 more and more everyday. lots of sky is falling nonsense around here. I keep hearing people crying for a small RWD coupe. didn't the 228/235i come out less than a year ago? Jesus Christ guys, pick one up! what are you waiting for?

I'm shocked reading the A3 love on here. did anyone actually drive one? it was one of the most boring test drives of my life. had more fun with a rental Corolla days later.
Definitely 2series is pretty great, but maybe I'm little bias, and I agree have driven friends modifed and stock b8.5 a4s hundreds of miles over the last year and find it to be unbelievably underwhelming, a3 might be a different story but no way it's better then a 228i, the 228i I test drove even without sport package or msport , just felt right, I ordered a m235i without even driving one knowing the platform was for me and the extra power and the sound of the inline 6 would only make it sweeter..easily the best bmw on the market that can be had for $40k brand new.. F3x is great but would be way more with the options m235i has, m3/4 are on a whole other level performance wise and price bracket.. Not a fan of the a3 styling so I didn't even consider it, not that it's so horrible but it's like a bite size a4 which I always thought the a4 was like a overpriced VW, just reminds me of my brothers CC way to much on the inside. Whatever! They are all nice cars in their own way !
Appreciate 0