Thevesh
Private
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by danf72 View Post
I don't like to think I'm old, but I am almost 50 with a family so I'm not a teenager either. I have a perfect family car in a Tesla Model S. It's great at everything, except that it's kind of a big boring family sedan. This is definitely a first world problem, but now that the Tesla tech amazingness has worn off, I just drive it around like a minivan. Whenever I hear Elon Musk talk about the next advance in self driving, rather than being appropriately excited, I think.. oh great, so we will make driving even more boring.

I test drove a M2C about a year ago and my reaction was.. "it's alive!" I loved it. But at "my age" I'm debating if an M3/M4 is more appropriate. Or even a 911, although I'm loathe to spend that kind of money on a car. Is the M2C more of a car for 20 year olds or 30 year olds? This sounds like a stupid question in my head even as I type it. But it's a thing. You know, I shouldn't be wearing skinny jeans at some point either (not that they fit me, but you know what I mean).
Hi, I am 45 and I understand you dilemma.
I am yet to meet a person older than 35 driving M2 in person All the thumbs up I get are from twenty something males.

Don't get me wrong i love my OG owning it for 4 years now. Tracking the hell out of it and with 42k on ODO. But it gets on my mind if I should get more grown up car..

But what is that? Even though I can easily afford more expensive car, i still think that sitting in super sport (mclaren) it would make me look too mid life crisis. So I am down to 2 options now 911 or MB GTC. But then we start loosing practicality...

As you said its just 1st world problem and probably silly
Appreciate 0