View Single Post
      11-03-2021, 11:07 AM   #102
Enabled
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328xd Wagon, M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
Not sure if this has been answered before but I was wondering if anyone has done the math to convert an M2C to an full on M2cs Racing?

I want to know the costs just based on parts alone that can be easily purchased thru bmw. I recently traded in my M2C for a CS and I was looking at the cost of getting a CSR in Canada. That got me thinking about buying the M2C back and turning it into a csR. What would the parts alone cost? labor and such will vary as well as the cage costs but what do you guys think? I might actually be able to buy the M2c back for cheap and sell all the parts I take off the car. I've had it since new and now with 27k kms on it and I know the full history of the car. Plus side is that it'll still be a registered street car. The M2csR that is available in Canada is asking $171k cad. Am I nuts to think i can build one for cheaper?

I also have a full race build E36 M3.
Many parts will not be easily compatible, and most of the electronics have completely different firmware not available anywhere else except at BMW engineering.

So in essence you'd be building a racecar out of your M2C, but not an M2CS-Racing. You might as well build it how you want, because it will be a street car conversion instead of a factory build.
Others:
-E36 328is. 2000 Z3 Roady. 2003 VW Jetta TDI Manual. Estoril Z3M Coupe.
Appreciate 0