View Single Post
      10-23-2020, 08:26 AM   #25
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Pentosin is the OEM for bmw's manual transmission oil MTF LT-5 and dctf, and they do make some very good gear oils that porsche use for their PDK boxes and GTR guys even go out of their way to get bmw dct fluid.

The next thing to point out is that since bmw shut down newtis it is hard to find updated LL01 approved oils, I can look at them through ISTA but i'm not at home right now to access my laptop and my ISTA version is a couple of years behind the newest version so it might not have the most up to data info.

In terms of their engine oils I am not too familiar with them, but from the reading that I did do on pentosin in the past was that their oils were pretty unspectacular for an oem approved oil. If I were you I would get pennzoil as it is even cheaper than pentosin and imo the newer formulation makes it vastly superior. An equivalent (spec wise but no real use data has been shown yet) if not better oil to pennzoil would be motul xcess 5w40 gen 2 (has to be the gen 2 as gen 1 was crap imo). The only issue with the motul is that it is alot more expensive and more difficult to find - unless you live in Canada where lordco stocks a bunch of motul oils. So imo out of all the real LL01 oils (AMS oil does not count as none of their oils are actually LL01) I think the top ones are pennzoil platnium euro 5w40 and motul xcess 5w40 gen 2 for the time being until more testing data comes out for motul or newer oils are made. If you do not care about LL01 then redline makes some really good 5w40 oils that have crazy high HTHS ratings, and of course motul has their ester core oils but honestly these are way over kill unless your car is heavily modified and you are doing some crazy endurance racing.
Here you go. See attached for the TIS list
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 4.0 BMW Longlife-01.pdf (87.5 KB, 755 views)
File Type: pdf 5.0 BMW Longlife-01 FE.pdf (109.6 KB, 338 views)
Appreciate 2
F87source7253.50