09-24-2018, 07:31 PM   #40
dcgolfdr
Wheelsucker
United_States
Rep
Drives: Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcon157 View Post
That's too bad the replacement actuator didn't work . Since you ruled out it wasn't a faulty actuator, that would lead me to believe somehow the programming in the car is the culprit. My BMW Tech hooked his laptop up to my car and found the valve was unresponsive to the commands he was giving it. He then tried this with a replacement valve and still got no response from the valve. That said, the CG website description says its "designed to create the same signals that the factory BMW computer uses to control the electronic exhaust flap"... Since the valve is unresponsive to the computers commands wouldn't that apply to the CG as well? (meaning the CG would have no effect on the valve opening or closing since the valve doesn't respond to the command)
That’s a good question because you still have to plug the OEM wiring into the CG and then CG to actuator. I figured the way it worked is it would bypass the system but they cannot be true if the OEM plug is connected. Keep us posted if the tech can figure it out.
Appreciate 0