View Single Post
      01-24-2023, 10:19 PM   #118
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadVibes View Post
Plenty of answers in that thread. Thank you!

I went ahead and ordered the CS lift springs so I don't have to keep slamming the hood to get it to latch properly. It gives me shivers every time.

After getting the kids down for the night, I grabbed a beer and headed to the garage for another go at it. I was FINALLY able to get the original insert that Suvneer provided to snap in. However, it required trimming off the two outer clips and still took some serious effort to get all the rest popped into place. I took Suvneer's advice and slightly bent the metal lip of the hood up where necessary to get them all to latch. It's safe to say that vent isn't going anywhere.

The OEM insert is priced quite reasonably (~$72 shipped). However, the one thing that gives me pause is the textured finish of it. I worry that it just won't end up looking as good as the smooth gloss finish that my Suvneer insert now has, matching the gloss black trim all over the rest of the car. So I'll hold off for now. If I ever see the Suvneer insert start to come loose, I'll order the OEM one, slap it on and never think about it again.

Regardless, I appreciate your help and info. Especially on those springs.
I'm in the same boat, I had the Suvneer insert painted before my OEM showed up. I'm now going to have them paint the OEM because I hate that Suvneer thing.
Appreciate 0