View Single Post
      04-16-2021, 11:30 AM   #46
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasnub View Post
The only real reliable source for trade in values are black book/auction prices. Dealers never offer anything close to “clean trade in” regardless of condition in my experience. You can pretty much count on getting “rough” value at best. Carvana and Vroom have both started making cash offers that match dealer trade in offers, which is nice because it saves you the stupid back and forth with the dealer for hours arguing over the price of your trade. Well worth the couple hundred bucks lost in sales tax savings and you can shop multiple dealers for your new car knowing you don’t have to negotiate the trade with every single one of them. It also opens up options buying from private sellers who don’t have the capability of taking your trade.

All of this is great because I’m pretty sure I was going to throat punch the next sales guy who tried to tell me “manuals are too hard to sell.”
Anyone know how are the carvana & vroom prices are comparing to carmax (the previous easy trade in/sell option)?

I’ll keep my OG forever, just like hearing about the used car market dynamics that are going on, in case we upgrade our BMW SUV.
Appreciate 0