AWC-F87
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief1richard View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWC-F87 View Post
It's very worth it! If your mechanical you can do the install yourself. It's not hard. And with the m2 kit there's no drilling or anything. Bolts right up. I had to adjust the set screws a little and now it just clicks into gear. On track it was a joy to have on track. Night and day difference
Nice build. I'm considering the CSA Shifter and am pretty sure I can install it, after installing an Auto-Solutions Shifter. The one thing that looks tricky is the adjusting and setting to Zero thing. Was it difficult to fine tune the shifter?
My shifter was tuned in when I got it. I didn't have to mess with the centering spring. The 3-4 shift was perfectly inline and didn't have excessive play like I saw in videos that indicated the need for adjusting of the spring. I did have to adjust the set screws for reverse and one other gear. Can't remember which. All in all it was easy.

I droped the trans brace and kinda just yanked the exhaust heat shield out then bent it back. With the trans brace out and the tranny drooped a little on a jack my big hands were able to do it. Took me 4 hours total.
Appreciate 2
ebisu81079.50