Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezil View Post
I've now fitted the CFRP and Aluminium braces to 4 cars including my own... I'm very aware of what's there from the factory.

We all like to view what we have higher than alternatives, particularly when we've spent our hard earned cash on it. Without scientific evidence and / or reviews from those that have driven both, it's just my (our) subjective opinion against yours. What we do have, is many journalists commenting on how the M2C's 'revised' suspension (which we all know is identical except for the braces) as being a significant improvement over the OG M2. This provides confidence that the retrofit 'works', but obviously doesn't provide any evidence about your strut brace.

As I said... to each his own, but you're unlikely to convince anyone in this thread because it's a thread about the retrofit.
I think both options are good. Is the retrofit better? Maybe but I doubt that many of us could tell the difference. The retrofit definitely looks better.
Dan,

This may not be too scientific or empirical but jacking up the side of my car, compared to doing it with stock brace vs retrofit m2c alloy / CFRP shows a marked difference.

If using the rear jacking point, the front wheel comes off the ground that much sooner. This will also happen with a plain tower brace between the struts but I doubt the difference will be as marked than oem upgrade retrofit.

This translates into my car's EPS being more direct, quicker to respond with more feel.

BP

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 1
PLF693766.00