View Single Post
      09-17-2020, 06:29 PM   #327
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
You may not be aware that there is a factory brace from the struts to the firewall in the engine bay. I don’t think the M2C brace adds anything substantial except looks over my strut brace.
I've now fitted the CFRP and Aluminium braces to 4 cars including my own... I'm very aware of what's there from the factory.

We all like to view what we have higher than alternatives, particularly when we've spent our hard earned cash on it. Without scientific evidence and / or reviews from those that have driven both, it's just my (our) subjective opinion against yours. What we do have, is many journalists commenting on how the M2C's 'revised' suspension (which we all know is identical except for the braces) as being a significant improvement over the OG M2. This provides confidence that the retrofit 'works', but obviously doesn't provide any evidence about your strut brace.

As I said... to each his own, but you're unlikely to convince anyone in this thread because it's a thread about the retrofit.

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 2
widetyres279.00
Saanen180.50