View Single Post
      11-25-2019, 03:24 PM   #8
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hingle Mccringleberry View Post
If nothing else, these guys made a great unpaid (at least I think) advertisement for Dinan. They rave about the improvements in handling and ride character. The coilover kit seems like a bargain at $1250 + est 4 hours labor, especially in comparison to some of the other aftermarket kits. Although I recognize it does not include the actual shock/strut like most others and requires reuse of the OE shock/strut. Not sure it makes a huge difference?

It also sounds like he likely bought all of the other Dinan suspension components from the catalog based on the dialogue.

All the other Dinan suspension stuff seems like a relative bargain as well, and kind of seems like if you were doing all of the stuff at once, their would likely be a combo cost advantage for labor.

All in with Dinan coilover, tension strutball joint kit, rear suspension link, and adjustable anti-roll bars (kind of wish they were fixed and not adjustable bc I think it might be easy to screw that up). Guessing with an estimated 10-12 hours of labor, should come to about $4500 for the whole shebang. Not too band when:

BMW M Performance Coilovers alone are $4420 with install labor from my dealer and god only knows how expensive Ohlin's might be? I have a hard time pinning down an exact cost of Ohlin's with internet research. If money were no object, I would do the Ohlins and maybe add the ancillary components from Dinan. Anyone else have experience or anything to add to this?
Not sure where you are getting your numbers from. M Performance Coilovers are $1989 shipped to your door, and another 600 or so to install. That costs $2500 total.

On another note. The guy in the video was constantly talking about the harsh oem suspension of the M2c and how Dinan coilover sleeve kits rides wonderfully and not harsh, etc.

Is Dinan suspension really that good and softens up the ride without sacrificing performance?
Appreciate 0