Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aWanderlustSeoul View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
well around 6000 N55 M2s were sold in the USA/NA across 3 model years (more like 2.5).

so my guess is somewhere in that range of M2Cs (4000-7000 depending on how long production of the M2C lasts). certainly not 'rare' by any means. the M2 is one of the biggest selling M cars for BMW so they build as many as they can limited only by production capabilities...
I've mentioned this in other threads. I don't know what the US Production numbers are for the M2C but if this is the best selling M car I have no idea why I rarely see an OG M2 or M2C in Southern California especially since it's supposed to be one of the best car culture areas of the world with car enthusiasts, moderate weather, and miles and miles of great roads.

Spotting an M2 or M2C is like seeing a mythical unicorn in the wild.

I feel like there's more hype than substance when it comes to this car but this is coming from a non-BMW fanboy or car enthusiast.
Oh there are loads of M2s in NYC. Just in my neighborhood there are 3 or 4. Have seen loads of them over the past few years...they've sold plenty. Nothing "unicorn" about it, IMO. I see more M2s than F80 M3s.