10-01-2022, 07:40 AM   #40
ericlr1225
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezil View Post
The data logs only show timing on one cylinder. You really need all 6 to get a sense of what's going on, but even with that, it doesn't look great. Your turbo-fold is slightly different from an M2, so there might be some differences there that are impacting you. Do you have a high flow cat / catless downpipe? Have you upgraded your spark plugs yet?

A custom tune won't give you any benefits if this is what you're seeing with the ACN map. I had a tuner offer me a custom tune for free a year or so back, but he was basically offering to remove over-boost from the stock map to increase safety with our fuel.

I think the thing you need to understand is that with CA 91 fuel, regardless of the gas station (within reason), doesn't even allow the stock map to make full power. If you're looking for more power, you need to address the octane issue first. A custom map won't do that for you at all.

I don't want to imply that a custom map isn't worthwhile... It absolutely is, but only once you have the supporting modifications to allow the custom map to make any difference at all.

My suggestions would be the following, if you've not done them already:
  • High Flow Cat / Catless Downpipe
  • 97506 plugs
  • E20 E85 blend (~1.25 US Gallons of E85 per fill of the tank, assuming you fill as soon as the first low fuel warning comes on) or Boostane for a few tanks
Once you validate that octane really is the issue (with logs), you can decide where to go from there on, based on the advice I gave in the previous post.

Obviously, you know the route I took, and I have a whole thread about my install and setup. I'd be happy to meet up and show you the install if you're interested, but there is not a lot to see because I kept it looking as stock as possible.

I have an E85 station nearby, can I just do Emix with shitty CA 91octane to about E18-E23 to run regular Stage 2 OTS 91 or stage 2 ACN 91 map nice and steady?

stock fuel system
stock turbo
everything else upgraded

thank you
Appreciate 0