01-20-2021, 11:37 PM   #41
kyrocks
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcouchh View Post
Wheel locks are pretty much pointless and I'm surprised so many people still use them. Any competent wheel thief will take like 10 extra seconds to get a lock off. It isn't going to stop anyone from stealing your wheels. A wheel lock removal kit is $50, or you hammer a socket on and crank it off like any normal lug.

More often than not its just a false sense of security, and they look crappy. Don't park your $60k+ car in the hood and you won't have an issue
If someone really wants to steal your wheels and they are determined they will steal them. Locks may prevent it if someone doesn't realize you have them on and are not prepared.

And to say they look really bad. Come on? Do you get down on your knees and look at cars? I can't even tell. I drive the crap out of my cars both on street and track. I couldn't give a crap as to how a lug nut is going to look.

I live in "the hood" as you say so I have to take precautions. I can only afford to park my $200k+ cars in the garage and leave my 60k+ cars outside for the butler to use.
Appreciate 1
MomoM3987.00