01-20-2021, 11:34 PM   #40
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i | M2 CS | X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcouchh View Post
Wheel locks are pretty much pointless and I'm surprised so many people still use them. Any competent wheel thief will take like 10 extra seconds to get a lock off. It isn't going to stop anyone from stealing your wheels. A wheel lock removal kit is $50, or you hammer a socket on and crank it off like any normal lug.

More often than not its just a false sense of security, and they look crappy. Don't park your $60k+ car in the hood and you won't have an issue
These types of replies are frustrating - I questioned whether to piggy back off this sh!tshow of a thread because of the prior sentiment here. My question was regarding what the difference was between two BMW wheel lock options.

What surprises me is that you're from NY/NJ and feel like a $60k (or an $80k) car is expensive to park in "the hood". When I lived in a penthouse apartment in the tallest residential tower in NJ, guess where I parked? Yep, the parking deck below. My friends with even more expensive cars? On the street "in the hood" below.

Don't chastise folks for $50 wheel locks on a car forum where we gladly pay $45 for colorful stickers.
Appreciate 2
kyrocks1070.50