View Single Post
      12-16-2020, 11:26 PM   #33
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxM2CS View Post
Artemis - do you understand the difference between the part you recommended (McGard 27226) and a very similar part available for barely more than half the price (McGard 27326)? The former is *very* slightly shorter in shaft and overall length. In the U.S. Amazon sells the latter at $37.99:
https://www.amazon.com/McGard-27326-...R03Q66A1P1TSJB

whereas the McGard 27226 is comparably priced to the price in Euros at your link.
McGard (manufacturer) should know that answer. The only point of fact we know is that the model number is different (and a different price-point too, it seems). Whether these have internally the same part number (or not) but externally a different model number: McGard knows that answer. Maybe different model numbers for different markets ? Pricing: remember that also VAT applies in Europe.

I only shared my experience to help out others: the ones that I use do fit. That's all I said and that's all that I will keep saying. Whether other model numbers from McGard or other brands are identical or fit: maybe that's the case or maybe that's not the case; anyways I never made statements about that because of the mere fact that I have never tried these. I also never claimed that the ones I use are the only ones to get. Feel free to buy what you like and thanks in advance for sharing your experiences too. If you buy different ones than those that I use: good for you + that's your choice.

Note: with this comment I don't peddle back on what I stated in previous comments in a similar recent thread (see for example here). I only shared my personal experiences (use of those parts on my current M2C and on my former M2).