BMWF87Melb
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VW Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by apue View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Driver View Post
The dealer can either lower their car price ... I would be bragging about the $83K purchase price, even if that mean you 'only' got low-$30k for your car.
I've tried several dealers before attempting this one.
As you know Carsales has a facility to make an instant offer.
My car is 6 months, 6000km golf R. The instant offer was 40k and its competitor dealer quoted 43k. Just imagine that I saw the invoice price 83k so can I say I pay the 83k cash and decide to keep my R? No, they won't let me do that.
So the realistic price is somewhere between 90 - 93k, IMO.

Quote:
Is your $83k invoice price inclusive of all the OTR fees? If so, I think you got a great deal. In my original post, I said I would only be interested in a 2-year-old car if it were $20k less than the best-negotiated price of 2020 car. I would say you got that!
Yes, it's the driveaway price.
However I disagree with the 20k discount idea, I'm afraid. Is it realistic to expect the dealer will give 10k discount for every year older even if they're same spec, same model?
I think the rate of discount per the built year is case by case.

I plan to keep this car for 3-5 years. When I sell the car in 4 years time the difference of 2 years (built year) gap will be less than 10k by that time. (55 - 45k). If I don't drive much it's better to buy an 18 built undriven car because the depreciation curve is the function of both age and mileage. Unless the car's model/spec changed between the years, it is better to buy at cheap as possible.

Quote:
One of the dealers quoted me $103,000 for a 2018 built M2C that was sitting in the showroom.
Finding the dealer with overstocked inventory was your winning formula for sure.

Congratulations Apue! I guess you don't have to wait several months for your car. When would it be ready?
Thanks. your post was greatly helpful. I was also concerned about the demo cars.
I also have another car that I had to wait for sometime. It's quite painful to wait, haha.
Particularly the custom may take really long something similar to the DA approval from the council.
I wish you receive your car soon and happy new year!
Quote:
Originally Posted by apue View Post

I've tried several dealers before attempting this one.
As you know Carsales has a facility to make an instant offer.
My car is 6 months, 6000km golf R. The instant offer was 40k and its competitor dealer quoted 43k. Just imagine that I saw the invoice price 83k so can I say I pay the 83k cash and decide to keep my R? No, they won't let me do that.
So the realistic price is somewhere between 90 - 93k, IMO.
Hi there - I'm actually looking to move from a mk7 golf r to an M2. Just curious how come for the short ownership of your golf r? Didn't enjoy it?

The golf r has been good to me - but I miss driving manual and the exhaust note of the golf is pretty boring. Read that the akrapovic exhaust on the special edition mk 7.5s does improve things.
Appreciate 0