///Driver
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by apue View Post
Nov/18, compliance 10/19
That car may have been one of the first M2C to land in the country. I think they only get delivered to the dealer after the compliance so it may have been held in a warehouse somewhere.

Quote:
The actual price shown on the invoice is $83k.
It is because they adjusted the trade-in value of my car low so they can reduce the total cost of the change over.

I estimate the value of my car is early 40k, so I just posted it as early 90k.
The dealer can either lower their car price and the trade-in price OR give you more for your trade-in but keep their price high too. Either way, the change over price will remain the same. Also, the Luxury Car Tax component will reduce as the dealer car price is lowered. Also, the trade-in is always lower than we like to think. I would be bragging about the $83K purchase price, even if that mean you 'only' got low-$30k for your car.

Is your $83k invoice price inclusive of all the OTR fees? If so, I think you got a great deal. In my original post, I said I would only be interested in a 2-year-old car if it were $20k less than the best-negotiated price of 2020 car. I would say you got that!

One of the dealers quoted me $103,000 for a 2018 built M2C that was sitting in the showroom.

Quote:
Unlike other dealers, they had 4 of M2 cars built in 2018, so I suppose they were keen to get rid of these.
Finding the dealer with overstocked inventory was your winning formula for sure.

Congratulations Apue! I guess you don't have to wait several months for your car. When would it be ready?
Appreciate 0