View Single Post
      04-19-2020, 12:07 AM   #31
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

The opening america guidelines published recently are pretty vague. I don't really see how to interpret any of it for autocross or track days, as the closest it mentions is "large venue sporting events". Nor do I see specifics detailing the different between "strict physical distancing protocols" and "moderate social distancing protocols" between phases. I suppose sometimes these things are published quickly and vaguely to encourage commenting and modification of...

https://www.whitehouse.gov/openingamerica/#phase-one

But I really don't see why life can't be a "participate at your own risk" thing. Make sure everyone knows to be extra precautions because we don't know how long immunity lasts, how the virus mutates to circumvent immunity, if there is permanent conditions after getting the virus, about the HIV-like dormant phase that is still highly contagious, etc. I feel tracks should be allowed to open up and let every decide if/how they want to participate after knowing the reality of the situation.

My philosophy for handling things has always been to warn people of the dangers of things, but let them make up their own mind on if they want to continue doing them. And also look out for people who accidentally touch something. Be aware and point it out to them, because we all will slip up from time to time and not realize it. In my experience, as long as people trust you, and you never break your trust, people listen to me.

That said, I get super antsy to spread my social butterfly wings all over the world again, despite knowing it puts me as a top contender for the darwin awards.
Appreciate 1
5.M0NSTER3353.50